How To Do Sit Ups Exercise
Learn How To Do Sit Ups Exercise With These Simple Steps
Are you struggling with your sit ups exercise? Follow these simple steps to learn the most effective way of how to do sit ups exercise and start feeling the benefits.
Benefits of the Sit Ups Exercise
The sit up has a great range of motion so not only does it work your abdominals it also works your hips too, helping to build a strong core.
It requires no equipment apart from a mat and a small amount of space.
Muscle Groups Worked:
Rectus Abdominis, iliopsoas, tensor fasciae latae, rectus femoris, sartorius, obliques
Sit Up Variation
If you experience any back pain then the sit maybe best performed on a gym ball as this will help to comfort your spine.
Step by Step Guide
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and you feet flat on the floor.
- Place your finger tips behind your ears.
- Pull your shoulder blades back so your elbows are out to the side.
- Brace your abs and then raise your body up towards your knees, shoulders should be lifted of the floor.
- Head always looking straight, no chin on chest and do not pull the head forward.
- Roll back down to the starting position.
Ready To Take On One Of Our Challenges
Click here for the 30 Day Sit Up Challenge
Or click here for the 30 day Ab Challenge
The 30 Day Ab & Squat Challenge also incorporates the sit ups exercise