Benefits of Plank Walks
You do not need any equipment to perform this exercise all you need is some space.
This works your core and arms simultaneously which will improve your overall fitness levels.
Muscle Groups Worked:
The plank works almost every main muscle and here are a few: deltoids, biceps, triceps, obliques, rectus abdominis, latissimus dorsi, pectorals major, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius.
Plank Walk Variation
If the plank walk is too much to begin with then you can start by performing this on your knees.
Start in the plank position then drop your knees and cross your legs up behind you, perform the rest of the exercise as stated above.
Step by Step Guide:
- Start in a press up position but bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms instead of your hands
- Your body must always form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Activate your core
- Press your body up by extending your arms one at a time
- Pause at the top for a moment then reverse the movement and return to your elbows, that is 1 rep
- You may need a mat or a towel to put under your elbows if you find the pressure to much