In this article, you will learn about how to do the plank walk exercise in these simple steps. After this, you will have mastered the technique required to perfect this exercise.
Benefits of Plank Walks
You do not need any equipment to perform this exercise all you need is some space.
This works your core and arms simultaneously which will improve your overall fitness levels. Be sure to check out our plank challenge which has been designed to push your body and work your body to improve your core.
Muscle Groups Worked:
The plank works almost every main muscle and here are a few: deltoids, biceps, triceps, obliques, rectus abdominis, latissimus dorsi, pectorals major, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius.
Plank Walk Variation
If the plank walk is too much to begin with then you can start by performing this on your knees.
Start in the plank position then drop your knees and cross your legs up behind you, perform the rest of the exercise as stated above.
Step by Step Guide:
- Start in a press up position but bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms instead of your hands
- Your body must always form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Activate your core
- Press your body up by extending your arms one at a time
- Pause at the top for a moment then reverse the movement and return to your elbows, that is 1 rep
- You may need a mat or a towel to put under your elbows if you find the pressure too much
If you enjoyed this guide on how to do a plank walk exercise and would like to read more then be sure to like our Facebook page and check out our wide range of fitness challenges that we have available on the website.