How To Do Leg Raises
Follow This Step By Step Guide So You Can Learn How To Do Leg Raises
So just what is a leg raise I hear you ask? This article will teach you how to do leg raises so that you can execute this effective exercise at the gym or at home. Leg raises are a superb exercise for you try and once you have mastered the techniques you will be able to feel the burn and benefits the longer you carry on for.
The leg raise is the perfect exercise for the somewhat neglected by other fitness gurus, lower abdominals and hip flexors.
Regular performance of leg raises can help to strengthen the lower back and therefore reduce the risk of injuries.
You will need a mat to lie on for this exercise and some people who experience lower back pain may want to pop a towel under their lower back area. Remember that safety is always first before you exercise!
For more benefits, you can read this article on the leg raise exercise here!
Lower abdominals, hip flexors.
LEG RAISE VARIATION
This can be performed on a bench as well as the floor and once you have mastered it you could add a weight by holding a dumbbell between your feet.
HOW TO DO A LEG RAISE
- Lie flat on the floor (on a mat) place your arms out to the side on the floor with your palms facing down.
- Make sure that your head, legs and bottom are all in contact with the floor.
- Engage your stomach muscles and grasp the sides.
- Slowly lift your legs to a 90-degree angle, keeping your legs straight and not bending at the knees.
- Pause for a second then slowly lower the legs back down.
Click here for another fitness blog!