Benefits of Bicycle Crunches
The bicycle crunch is an excellent exercise for building core strength and toning the thighs. It can be performed anywhere with no equipment needed.
Muscle Groups Worked:
primarily a core strengthening exercise which works the pectorals major, rectus abdominals, external obliques, internal obliques and transverse abdominals but also works the Hip adductors and gluteus maximus.
Step by Step Guide
- Lie flat on the floor with the lower back pressed into the ground
- Place your hands slightly either side of your head, do not lock your fingers or pull the head up
- Lift your knees to a 45 degree angle
- At first slowly go through a bicycle pedal motion with the legs
- Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knee twisting back and forth through the core, keep the elbows back rather than forward to the chest as this could strain the neck