How To Do A Push Up Exercise
Learn How To Do A Push Up Exercise With These Simple Steps
Are you struggling with your push up exercise? Follow these simple steps to learn the most effective way of how to do a push up exercise and start feeling the benefits.
Benefits of Push Up Exercise
The push up is a great muscle toning exercise for the arms, chest, triceps and the front of the shoulders, whether performed on the knees or toes this is a good strength building exercise that can be performed anywhere.
Muscle Groups Worked:
Pectoralis Major, Deltoid, Tricep brachii, rectus abdominis, serratus anterior, coracobrachialis.
If you cannot perform a push up on your toes then start off on the knees until you get stronger enough to do so.
Step by Step Guide:
- Start on all fours with the hands on the floor slightly wider than but in line with the shoulders
- The body should form a straight line from the shoulders to the ankles
- Squeeze the abs as tight as possible and keep them engaged
- Lower the body until the chest nearly touches the floor, making sure that the elbows are tucked in close to the torso
- Pause for a moment then push yourself back to the starting position
Ready To Take On One Of Our Challenges?
Click here for our 30 Day Push Up Challenge
Need something a little easier? Click here for our 30 Day Easy Push Up Challenge
Or click here for our 30 Day Beach Body Challenge which incorperates press ups.